WILMINGTON, MA — 62 incidents were entered into the Wilmington Police Log last Sunday, May 24.
Here are EIGHT highlights:
- Street signs for Crescent Street and Seneca Lane reported missing. DPW notified. (1:21am, 1:22am)
- A caller reported a man was living in a tent on the path behind Market Basket. Police located the tent, removed it, and will follow up to determine if property belongs to town or Market Basket. (11:14pm)
- Police assisted Fire Department with brush fire on Stonehedge Drive. (12:36pm)
- Police assisted Fire Department with brush fire on Andover Street (3:15pm)
- A caller reported a used needle on Avalon Drive. Police retrieved needle and brought back to the station for destruction. (5:15pm)
- A car was pulled over for driving on the wrong side of the road in front of the library. Driver was distracted by a sign on the Town Common. (7:42pm)
- Jordan Hippensteele (31, Billerica) issued summons for operating a motor vehicle with a suspended license. Police pulled the car because it had significant front end damage. Driver said he had been in an accident on the highway about an hour ago. (9:25pm)
- A dispute occurred between neighbors occurred on South Street. Fire Department attempted to get one man to submit to a voluntary evaluation, but man refused transport to the hospital. (10:11pm)
DISCLAIMER: This information is public information. An arrest does not constitute a conviction. Any arrested person is innocent until proven guilty.